Aqua Point: Headland opposite Murramarang Island.
Armstrong Forest: Located to the north of Milton, early farming area from mid 1860s.
Bannisters Head: Located between Mollymook and Narrawallee.
Bawley Point: Aboriginal meaning: Brown Snake,
Bendalong – Berringer Lake: Part of Lake Conjola (north), west of Manyana.
Brimbamala: Old gold mine near Brooman.
Boat Harbour: Old name for Harbour at Ulladulla, still in use as late as 1890s.
Boyne Creek: Original Pigeon House Creek. Covers Morton and Kingamans areas, located west of Burrill Lake.
Brush Island: Mit Island off the Bawley Point and Murramarang area. Original called Mooroomoorang Island.
Budawang: The tribal area of Budawang is from Conjola in the north, Lake George in the West and the Moruya (Deua) River in the south.
Burrill Lake: 1828: Surveyor Thomas Florence Bhurril and Burrill Lake. The aboriginal name for the area was Burrill which means wallaby.
Chinamans Island: Lake Conjola
Colliers Beach: 1828: Florence Flint Point, Named for Uriah Collier who owned the surronding lands.
Conjola: Aboriginal name: Cundjuhrong. Original name: Cunjurong Lake.
Conjola Park: Cunjurong and West Conjola
Croobyar: Established by Alexander Macleay in 1828, purchased by David Warden in 1849. Other spellings include Croobear. Aboriginal meaning: Place of Possums.
Crampton Island: Island near the mounth of Lake Tabourie.
Cunjurong Point – Lake – See Conjola
Dolphin Point: Southern headland of Burrill Lake.
Durras North: Located within the Murramarang National Park, on the southern boundary of the City of Shoalhaven.
1828 Survey: Hoodle – Durras water (salt lagoon). Appeared on Larmers Road map in 1840.
East Milton: General area of the site of the old Hotel and Macarthurs Store (Today the Rainbow Pie Shop), George Knight’s “Mill Town” (now Shoalhaven Anglican School).
Frogs Hollow: Sports grounds Matron Porter Drive Milton.
Killarney Point: Lake Conjola.|
Kings Point: Named after the King Family who settled there in the early 1860s also known as Almond Place.
Koorbrua Beach: Kioloa side of Murramarang Beach, where Captain Cook in 1770 sighted Aboriginals.
Kingaman: Aboriginal name: Meeting Place.
Lake Conjola: Aboriginal name: Cundjuhrong
Landmarks and Bays – Killarney Point, Chinamans Island, Green Island, Berringer Lake.
Lake Tabourie: 1828: Florence Toubouree.
Manyana: Original called Redhead.
Matron Porter Drive: Named after Matron Gwen Porter of Milton Hospital.
Meroo and Meroo Lake: Aboriginal name: Mheroo.
Merry Beach: Named by the Walker Family as Aunt Mary’s beach, eventually became a camping area and Stan Bogle changed the name to Merry Beach. Located south of Kioloa.
Millards Creek: The Millard brothers established a tannery on the northern bank of the creek and became know as Millards Creek from 1854.
Milton: Established as private township in 1860, n ot recognised as a individual town until 1899. Originally called “The Settlement”. John Booth purchased 80 acres of land from the first settler Joseph Whatman, and he subdivided the property into the present township of Milton.
Mimosa: West Milton, farming land located at the foot of Pigeon House Mountain.
Mollymook and Mollymook Beach: Mollymook began as farming area back in 1860 as part of Ulladulla. The Mitchell family owned a farm called Molly Moke. Named possible after the Mollymoke Albatross.
Narrawallee and Narrawallee Inlet: Nurrawerree – Narra Warra
Pigeon House: Named by Captain Cook in 1770 as Pigeon House Hill. Aboriginal name is Didhol, meaning Big Mountain. 1828 recorded as Dithol by Surveyor Thomas Florence. Some early survey maps give spelling as Diddel, there is Did Dell Sts both north and south of Ulladulla Harbour.
Preservation Rock: Southern mouth of Narrawallee inlet.
Racecourse Beach: Site of the old Racecourse from the 1860s, south of Ulladulla.
Redhead: See Manyana also known as Bendalong Head.
Rennies Beach: Just south of Ulladulla. great surfing beach named after Alexander Rennie.
Sandridge Cemetery at Mollymook opened 1893.
Stokes Island: Island off Termeil.
Stoney Hill Milton:
Sullivan’s Reef: Bombora just outside Ulladulla Habour known as the Ulladulla bommie. It is not known who Sullivan was, but was noted on 1871 survey of Ulladulla.
Tabourie Island: also known as Crampton Island. 1834 recorded as Tobooree Island.
Teal Creek: Mollymook Beach 1828 spelt as Teal for the Teal ducks.
Termeil: 1828: Florence Turmeil. Other early spelling include Turmeel.
Terra Bona Creek: Head Water of Burrill Lake.
The Castle: Aboriginal name: Cooyoyo as recorded by Surveyor Rusdent in 1828 whilst Florence call the Castle Pompey’s Pillar or the false Pigeon House.
The Settlement: See Milton.
The Vale: Area boundaries of Church, St Vincent and Camden (North) Streets.
Top of the Town: Top of the Town shopping complex on southern hill on outskirts of Ulladulla.
Ulladulla: Ulladulla was called Boat Harbour by the earliest settlers.
1828: Florence Woollahderrah – Wasp Harbour
1828: Kendall Nulladolla
1828: Hoddle Ulladulla because it was thought to sound like the aboriginal name, ‘Woolahderrah’.
Wooladoorah: Safe Harbour (Frank McCaffrey Diaries 1914)
Wandiawandian – Wandandian: The home of the lost lovers (Frank McCaffrey Diaries 1914). Aboriginal area of Wandrawandian People. Its name comes from the word still used in the Parish of Wandrawandian, which according to older residents has an aboriginal meaning of ‘home of lost lovers’.
Wardens Head – Ulladulla Lighthouse: Named after pioneer Shipwights brothers David and James Warden. In 1828 was called Long Nose Point.
Wason St Ulladulla and Milton – Name after William Wason Hood.
Willinga: 1828: Mherrhingo.
West Ulladulla: Location of sporting complex at the end of Camden St (South) Ulladulla.
Woodstock and Woolomolan: Aboriginal name: Woolomolan The place of snakes
1841: William Wason Hood
1863: Northern portion sold to William Walter Ewin – today as we know the Woodstock area.
Yatte Yattah: Aboriginal name: Two waterfalls.