Milton Ulladulla Cemeteries NSW
There are over 30 cemeteries and burial grounds in the Milton Ulladulla District. Many are private burial grounds on the pioneer farms including Kendall Dale, Kirmington, Greenmount and Sunnyvale at Milton to name just a few.
The first public Cemetery in this district was at Boat Harbour Ulladulla today known as Racecourse Cemetery which was laid out in 1858, research has found the cemetery contains at least 70 graves. The Princes Highway today lays over part of this cemetery with only 4 surviving headstones remaining.
Sandridge General Cemetery at Mollymook Beach was established in 1893 and is still in use today along with Conjola General Cemetery. which was established in 1890′s.
Milton Methodist Church Cemetery (1856 – 1905). This cemetery is located behind the Milton Methodist Church on Croobyar Road Milton which is now privately owned. It listed with the National Trust in 1986. A complete list of burials are featured in the publication along with Methodist burials at Sandridge and Conjola Cemeteries.
Milton Church of England (1859 – 1901) Located in Croobyar Road near the Princes Highway. Complete Burial list from Church and civil records, newspapers and such. Includes birth, death, marriage dates and other information on each person, photos of headstones. EBOOK COMING SOON
Armstrong Forest Roman Catholic (1875 – 1893). Located to the north of Milton, the remains of this pioneer cemetery was bulldozed in the 1950′s. There were just over 50 burials.
Woodstock Congregational Cemetery (1875 – 1915). Located along Woodstock Road (west of the township of Milton) on land donated by William Walter Ewin in 1875. There are 48 burials with over 50% belonging to children, with only 15 headstones.
Other private cemeteries and burial grounds include the Sheaffe Family Cemetery and Hillview private Cemetery
The Ryerson Index: Milton Ulladulla Express 1980s and Milton Ulladulla Times 2000s