Milton Land 1860
December 29 1859 Illawarra Mercury
SITE FOR A TOWN
There is to be a sale of sixty town allotments, the property of John Booth Esquire in the month of January 1860. They are beautifully situated for publicans, shopkeepers, tradesmen etc… being in the very heart of the Settlement.
January 28 1860 Sydney Morning Herald
Township of Milton, Ulladulla. Important Sale of Choice Building Allotments. HENRY G. MORTON has received instructions from Mr. John Booth to sell by auction, on the ground, on WEDNESDAY 1st February, at 2 o’clock prompt.
A most important and valuable portion of the above township, consisting of thirty-two allotments, being NOs. 1 to 15, and 19 to 30 of section A, and Nos. 20 to 22, and 25 to 28 of section B.
The Auctioneer wishes particularly to draw the attention of parties at a distance to the sale of this really splendid property, being centrically situated.
Milton enjoys a pre-eminence above all other sites in the district for the formation of a town, being very little over three miles from the harbour, to which access ia had by an excellent road.
Already a neat and substantial English-built church, built of brick, has been erected on the ground ; the site of the Catholic church is within a few minutes walk; the Wesleyan church is only divided from the township by a street; the PO Office bas been established within a few yards of the boundary; a steam flour mill is also in course of erection, and there is abundance of splendid timber on the ground, suitable for house-building or fencing purposes.
Persons not knowing the position and true value of these allotments, are invited to examine them, or make every enquiry previous to the day of sale, as in the opening of this township an opportunity which has long been wanted in the neighbourhood, will be offered to storekeepers, blacksmiths, carpenters, and other tradesmen, to purchase building sites in the midst of a large and daily-increasing population, and where a prosperous and improving business may be de pended upon.
Capitalists, not acquainted with the district, are informed that for beauty, locality, and extent of splendid agricultural and grazing land, and having the advantage of being; possessed of a truly magnificent harbour, from which steam, communication with Sydney is always readilv obtained, as well as a wealthy and daily increasing population, the district of Ulladulla ranks second to none on the southern coast, and must, ere long, claim that position with regard to wealth and importance to which it is so justly entitled. Most of the allotments are delightfully situated on the high ground of the town, and when the land ia cleared, will command extensive views of the ocean, making them, as building sites, unequalled.
The land has been most carefully surveyed, and the allotments are so laid out that, by purchasing consecutive lots, any parties desirous of doing so can secure a blook of several acres; the streets are of complete width, and arranged so as to allow of proper drainage.
Title, unquestionable. Terms : 50 per cent, cash ; the residue by bills at six months, bearing 8 per cent, interest.
Lithographs of the township, and other Informatlon, can be had of Mr. Morton, Shoalhaven or Mr. John Booth, Ulladulla.